Real Living Wage
General information and resources
What is the Real Living Wage? | Living Wage Foundation
The best place to go for more information on what the Real Living Wage is with support and information on how to become a Living Wage Employer
CIPD Viewpoint: Low pay and financial well-being | CIPD
Explore the CIPD’s point of view on low pay and financial well-being, including actions for Government and recommendations for employers.
Research and Insights
- Policy consultation: National Living Wage and Minimum Wage April 2020 rates | CIPD
Read the CIPD’s submission to the Low Pay Commission
- CIPD Voice article: Does adulthood begin at 25? | CIPD
Twenty years on from the introduction of the National Minimum Wage, Ffion Meagher discusses the impact of the policy as well as living wage for over-25s
- Report: Pay progression barriers for the lowest paid | CIPD
This report aims to uncover the experiences of employees on the lowest rates of pay, and to understand the contributing factors to them becoming ‘stuck’ on low pay.
- Report: Employee financial well-being | CIPD
Financial well-being not only affects individual workers but it also affects business performance, as this report helps to illustrate. The report is accompanied by practical guidance and behavioural insights.
Guidance and Factsheets
- Factsheet: Reward and pay | CIPD
Introduces the basics of pay and reward, including staff benefits, and outlines the UK legal position.
- Factsheet: Pay structures and pay progression | CIPD
Pay structures give a framework for wages and salaries, while pay progression describes how employees’ pay increases