Marketing and Communications Officer
Posted 13th November 2023
Applications are due by 23.59 GMT on 30 November 2023.
Shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation to create a short campaign plan for Good Business Week. This event aims to celebrate ethical business practices by encouraging accredited organisations to engage in various activities throughout the week. The goal is to inspire the general public to support, recognise and champion good businesses. The idea is for individuals to be able to nominate their employer or other organisations they engage with for GBC accreditation.
Successful shortlisted candidates will receive detailed instructions, and it’s recommended to allocate time in early December for this task. We recognise this is additional work before the interview, and as such we’re able to offer all shortlisted candidates a small fee of £50* for the time to research and prepare a campaign plan.
*Based on the Real Living wage assuming four hours work at £12 per hour.
Responsible to: CEO
Job Purpose: Create, deliver and evaluate campaigns and activities that lead to the effective positioning and promotion of the Good Business Charter via its internal and external communications channels.
Location: Based from home with the expectation of at least quarterly in-person team meetings in York or Peterborough.
Employment: Preferably three days a week, flexible hours, though a possibility of up to full-time – please stipulate in your application your preferred number of working days.
Salary: Between £25,000-£30,000 p.a. pro rata depending on experience
- Create and lead the development and delivery of marketing and communications campaigns strategies, driving the message forwards and leading on how to publicise it externally and with accredited organisations
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring consistent messaging
- Lead the marketing strategy for Good Business Week, held in the second week of February, engaging a range of organisations in the campaign
- Support, advise and produce creative content including writing, editing and proofing content for the GBC’s communications channels
- Lead on the design of any printed material and branding of digital assets required, including working with freelancers
- Maintain an engaging social media presence across all main platforms and increase brand recognition particularly with members of the general public
- Work with the team on monthly newsletters and other communication going out to accredited organisations
- Support the CEO in devising and delivering the GBC’s communications strategy, enabling the GBC to achieve its strategic objectives by delivering measurable projects and campaigns to a consistently high quality.
- Assess success of different marketing strategies and report analytics
- Able to demonstrate experience in strategic marketing and communications
- Passionate, creative and experienced communications professional
- Proven experience of building and maintaining press and media relations
- Professional experience in developing digital communication channels: websites, social media, e-mail marketing, SEO
- Outstanding copy writing skills, attention to detail and an ability to deliver and edit high-quality and targeted content
- Good eye for design and a demonstrable understanding of targeting different audiences and conveying messages effectively across a range of communications channels
- Passion for ethical business behaviour
- Flexibility in working hours in order to respond quickly to social media interaction and in support of events
- Previous experience within the charity sector
- Has good contacts within many of the key business associations.
- Informed in the challenges facing organisations across the 10 components of the GBC in the current environment
How to Apply
Please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter setting out your skills and experience for the role, including how you meet the person specification, to Jenny Herrera at email@example.com